The Many Ways to Increase LinkedIn Followers : It is well known that LinkedIn is a fabulous professional social media channel. Many professionals swear by it. LinkedIn has made updates to the many features of LinkedIn and increasing the followers of your LinkedIn page is a wonderful result of that.
The fruits of your labor
There are many different things that you can do in order to increase the number of followers to your LinkedIn page. You alone have the power to make it happen. If you use employ them, you can pretty much count on positive results and your ultimate end result of that will be increase revenue because you will be acquiring more clients. Some of those ways include:
- Request that the person follow you: As you are mentally going over what you can do to increase the number of followers of your LinkedIn page, you may easily skip over the most obvious (and simplest). The way to start the process of getting people to opt in to your LinkedIn page is by sharing your page with your first-tier connections. You can accomplish that by simply asking them to like your page. You will be surprised at how many people will agree to doing that.
- Include your staff: During the process of focusing on acquiring new prospective clients and actual clients, you may lose sight of the fact that you have other extremely rich resources at your fingertips. Not only is your staff talented and experienced but they may also have some amazing connections (friends, family, colleagues outside of your business) that you can leverage.
- Share your LinkedIn page on additional social media channels: If you are not already, you should take full advantage of as many of the popular (and appropriate) social media channels as you possibly can. In addition to your taking advantage of that, you can ask your staff to do the same in an effort to multiply your efforts.
- Insert “share” buttons on your LinkedIn page wherever possible: Doing this is an easy way to get people to opt in to your business through your LinkedIn page.
- Follow other people in return: If you consider the fact that social media can only be successful if you have flourishing relationships with other people, it makes perfect sense that you will need to follow other people and like their LinkedIn page if you expect (or hope) them to like yours. Relationships are only successful if they work on both sides. Otherwise, they are not relationships at all. You can start with your first-tier connections on LinkedIn. Start to follow them and then work on your second-tier connections. Also, you should follow your clients and prospective clients.
- Include your LinkedIn page’s URL in your Email signature: Probably, you send many Emails for business each day. If you were to add your LinkedIn page’s URL to your Email signature, it will get a great deal of exposure and at least some of the recipients of your Emails will click on that URL. There are many different ways in which you can give your LinkedIn page the proper exposure. You can also include your URL on LinkedIn Answers, if you happen to interact in that way. The more, the better, as far as your sharing your page is concerned.
- Share a blog post or blog article: A blog post is a great way to get your message across in a credible manner and to get people to notice what you have to say to respond to it. Your blog can appropriately include your LinkedIn page’s URL. When choosing your blog or article topic, you may wish to choose something that specifically applies to LinkedIn and using some aspect of that social media channel. People will most likely respond positively to that. Also, there is a great deal about which to write.
- Work hard at ensuring that your LinkedIn page is top quality on a regular basis: An effective LinkedIn page is one that compels its traffic to return to that page over and over again. In order to do that, it is important to gather constructive feedback from your online connections.
- Gather analytics: Gathering analytics is extremely important because it gives you a clear sense of what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. It also allows you to track everything that you are doing and make adjustments as needed.
There are many creative ways that you can increase your number of LinkedIn followers. Remember, LinkedIn is one of the top social media channels for professionals. You have to tools to make them a part of your inner circle and the more effective your LinkedIn page is, the closer you will get to your ultimate goal, which is more relationships and more clients.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies. Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. He also reduced company travel and travel costs by introducing and implementing various collaboration technologies.
His expertise includes business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.